REFLECTOR: fuel flow irregularly

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Mon Dec 12 23:47:06 CST 2005

Sounds like bubbles in the line.

At work, when we start sucking air through the flowmeter, it goes way
higher than expected.

Have you done anything to the fuel lines?
I would check for vibrating hoses.  Easy to agitate that fuel.
Check for other hot items touching the hoses.

Also check the fuel filter.  Is your filter before the pump?  I would
suggest that a filter should go after the pump.

Are you using the new vane style pump?
What air temperature/altitude does this happen?