REFLECTOR: Vne (was 'interesting read')

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Sun Dec 11 11:08:43 CST 2005

I have flight tested my plane to 210 KIAS at 10,000 feet. Giving the

stick and peddles multiple whacks. Seemed rock solid.

I guess I will have to test up to 24,000 when I get my turbo charged

engine installed, as thats the turbo's limit for 100% output.

Scott

Scott;

Care to estimate the TAS that goes with the 210 IAS?

It would be interesting to know to what speeds folks have flown their
Velocities; either deliberately or otherwise.  It would also be interesting
to know about the flight data gathered (and configuration) in the
professional flight testing, and what the estimated margin is on the
suggested Vne.

Al