REFLECTOR: An interesting read

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sat Dec 10 20:47:11 CST 2005

Another thought...

The designers of experimental kits and plans are usually very insistent
on following the plans, to the letter. Some are emphatic about it, Van,
Burt Rutan, etc.. They constantly harped on builders who diverged from
the straight and narrow. From what I have heard, Burt was one of the
worst. Probably because he saw so many boneheaded changes that we're
just plain suicidal. I think Van is trying to reign in his followers
quest for speed by publishing such a conservative article.

Velocity is amazingly supportive of folks who want to walk to a
different drummer. Maybe because they acquired the design and thus don't
have as much ego to bruise.

Scott