REFLECTOR: Cleaveland brakes

Randy Wharton rwharton at buckeye-express.com
Thu Dec 8 13:40:00 CST 2005

Steve,

I have an XL-RG and I opted for the Cleveland upgrade when I ordered
the kit. I, too, "followed" the directions (I thought) and discovered
I had made a mistake. I found (later) an instruction sheet among
parts that said the caliper mounting plates should be rotated 45
degrees and the holes redrilled. This will put the caliper at a 45
degree angle at the back of the gear leg. And I had to contour the
entire bottom of my gear leg.

I can explain this best by directing you to the photos I posted on my
website when I went through the process. Explanations are there for
you to.

Go to http://clik.to/velocity, click on the "Construction Menus"
button, then click on the "Wheels/Brakes" chapter button. I have 11
photos and descriptions posted there. I hope this will help.

Randy Wharton
N248RB