REFLECTOR: Air Stair Door

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Thu Dec 8 11:57:19 CST 2005

Chuck,

That looks great!

I would think that as long as there is good structure to the bulkhead that goes across the back of the seats the strake/fuselage structure would be a strong as an Elite.

I wouldn't think the FAA would care - they are not into doing engineering analysis of experimental homebuilt aircraft.  You'll have to satisfy yourself that the structure is not compromised (by talking to the factory, talking to structural folks, engineers, etc.)   IT IS AN EXPERIMENTAL AIRCRAFT.

There are other pop-tops with similar mods.  Scott Derrick for one.

Ronnie