REFLECTOR: 165 kt Gear Extension Speed

Pat Shea xl340hp at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 17:03:30 CST 2005

Hi Rene,

I briefly considered this idea as well. The problem is
that you want the gear doors to be nice and flush when
the gear is retracted. That's would to be challenging
to accomplish with hinges - it's hard enough to get it
right with ridged tabs. Also, you wouldn't want the
hinges to allow air loads to affect the fit of the
doors while flying. Further, it seems like hinges
could invite flutter.

Just my thoughts, Pat