REFLECTOR: Running TOO Cool

Rene Dugas dugasd at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 7 10:21:40 CST 2005

I think it is 6 or 8 amps.  I forgot to say I also place a tightly
packed foam block in my front NACA exit with a 1 inch hole so I do not
get a vacuum sucking the heat away from my cockpit.  I tried blocking
the exit completely but I could not turn the heat off then.  It still
worked ok because I could then heat my feet and open the overhead vents
to cool the face and neck like in a BMW dash vent.
Rene'

I also use a device with a computer fan in a top of an ice chest to blow
cool air into my plane in the summer and take it out in winter.  Weighs
very little unless filled with ice or frozen water bottles.  Comfort
makes flying even more fun.