REFLECTOR: Running TOO Cool

Dave Dent davedent at comcast.net
Wed Dec 7 12:07:48 CST 2005

I bought one too, blanket that is.  I'm giving it to my wife for Christmas. Last winter was rough on her flying with me.  I just couldn't get it warm for her.
I was wondering if any of you fellows put the blower inline with the heater inlets off the fwd oil cooler and how did you install it.  I found a 12V blower from a boat shop but it has a three inch opening.   I would have to make an adapter to put it in-line but  I was hoping others had done this.
Found that if I lift my carpet just aft of the left cabin door, there is a hole cut in the tunnel that lets hot air come into the cabin.  This comes from the hot oil lines going to the fwd oil cooler.  I was thinking of building a slide vent to cover the hole and use it as a heater for the back seat.  Right now I just prop the carpet up. The ram air comes down the tunnel from the nose wheel well. Believe me, in flight a lot of air comes through.  I just have to manage it to my advantage.
Dave