REFLECTOR: Running TOO Cool

aminetech at bluefrog.com aminetech at bluefrog.com
Tue Dec 6 18:03:44 CST 2005

Check that your flap in the cooler air exit duct closes off the duct all
the way.  This
makes a big difference.  I took off this morning with OAT of 26 F and the
cabin got
too hot in about 5-10 minutes.

John

Ron Brown wrote:

  I am paying the price of running cool in the summer (173 with IO360 and
NACA
  scoops).

  I have a single oil cooler that heats the cabin nicely when the oil temp
  gets above 180 degrees.  Only problem is the oil is running about 175 when
  it is 35 degrees and below outside. The heads are running 300-320 degrees.

  Any suggestions on where to block off the air flow to the engine?  I am
  thinking about building some NACA inserts (shaped like the NACA scoops
  except with a smaller throat to use during cold winter operations).

  THANKS
  Ronnie