REFLECTOR: Running TOO Cool

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Tue Dec 6 15:38:31 CST 2005

Jack,

I bought a 12 vdc electric blanket that works well.

Do a Google search on "12 v dc electric blanket".

I found one for as little as $12 which is similar to the one I paid $40 for
a couple of years ago.

By the way, I am thinking about forming a new "portable" ramp for my NACA
scoops to reduce the amount of air flow entering the engine during the
winter.  Vlad had something like this (but more elaborate) on the Velocity
he was building several years ago.

I think I will lay up some glass (3-4 BID) into my NACA scoops on some duct
tape or plastic film, pull them out, trim and build something to hold the
rear of the ramp up to block some of the air flow.  I could get fancy (but
not now) and make it cockpit adjustable.

Ronnie Brown
173 Elite RG,  IO360 - 200 HP, single oil cooler up front, NACA downdraft
cooling.

Ronnie