REFLECTOR: Franklin starter

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 3 12:04:33 CST 2005

Mike,

My "Pat Goodman" starter as delivered had a mounting flange that was so
warped I could see between the accessory case and the starter.  Pat promised
to replace it about 8 years ago and I'm still waiting.  I think if you go to
a NAPA store and buy a new starter, swap nose pieces, your problem may be
solved.  It's a Honda Civic starter.  I have the part # out at the hanger
and can send it to you next time.  I machined a new nose piece/adapter and
my Civic starter spins the Franklin hot or cold very nicely.  If you take
your "Pat Goodman" starter apart you may find badly worn bearings that could
be your hot start problem.

Larry Coen
N136LC
SE/RG Franklin IVO