REFLECTOR: Unstuck At KOBE

Gilles Gratton gillesgratton45 at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 2 06:42:02 CST 2005

When I had a Pat Goodman starter on my engine , I had to remove it a few
times from the engine and I had perfected a technique to remove it
without pulling the engine back.  It is just a matter of removing the
motor from the base (2 bolts) and then the bendix part comes off the
engine easily.   I have used the same technique with the Skytec starter
and it works just as well.  Just be careful that the planetary gears go
back in their proper place.
                Is this how you do it?  Or is there a better way.
Gilles G.