REFLECTOR: Flight training

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Mon Aug 29 21:10:15 CDT 2005

Thats normally not how it works.

When I bought my Bonanza I was required to have 10 hours dual and then
10 hours solo before carrying passengers.  So I hired a CFI and we flew
my Bonanza for 10 hours, it was well worth it.  Then I flew off my solo
time.  This was what the insurance company suggested.  Its much better
to get instruction in the same plane you will be insuring.

He should be able to fly his V for the first  15 hours as long as he has
an instructor along.  Then he can do his solo time and then he would be
loosed upon the world of passenger
flight.

The big question is will they accept any CFI or CFII to do the dual or
does he need a factory approved CFI like Dave Dent?  Or some min hours
for the CFI to have in make/model.

Scott