REFLECTOR: POWER GUARD

David Scharfenberg dave at winco.net
Tue Aug 23 22:46:15 CDT 2005

On Aug 22, 2005, at 8:52 PM, Terry Miles wrote:

> Does anybody else out there have a dual batt, single alt configuration?
>
> Regards,
> Terry

Terry,

    I have two 17 amp/hr sealed batteries and one alternator.  Each
battery has it's own relay, and switch on the panel.  If I get a low
volt light (which comes on within seconds of the alternator going off
line), I can simply switch one battery off if I want to isolate it.
That way both batteries get full charging voltage, as opposed to
charging through a diode with it's resultant voltage drop.

Dave Scharfenberg
std/rg