REFLECTOR: POWER GUARD

Don19dw at aol.com Don19dw at aol.com
Tue Aug 23 08:39:28 CDT 2005

For 6 years have had the single alternator, two auto batteries, West Marine
battery conroller in my XL/RG. Also have additional solenoid and 3 way switch,
to select either battery or both in parallel. Two batteries are stacked one on
top of the other in nose on right side next to retracted nose wheel. System
works great.
Advantages:
1) Much less expensive than two alternator system.
2) Two batteries in parallel give MUCH MORE cranking power for starting a hot
or very cold engine.
3) Additional battery weight in nose improves my flight stability since my
panel is very light and I weigh 185#.
Don White  N19DW