REFLECTOR: Alan Shaw Wings Question

Donald Royer djroyer at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 7 15:53:26 CDT 2005

Both of my wings had these triax layups running diagonally through the
space. I contacted Alan Shaw about this and he told me to cut out as much
of it as was necessay for the rudder horn clearance. He said that would be
more than enough of the layup remaining forward of the rudder pocket that
the strenght of the winglet would not be compromised.

I did what he told me to, and my winglets have been OK so far.

Don Royer

SNIP