REFLECTOR: Alan Shaw Wings Question

lawrence epstein ljepstein at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 7 15:21:41 CDT 2005

Well, before it was just a conceptual problem, now that I I have an idea
what it is supposed to look like at the base of the Winglet, I am really
panicing!
I was unable to pass the rudder cable through either wing.  It appears to
reach the very end of the wing but doesn't exit into the winglet root.

1 wing has a lot of, what appears to be foam/micro which "seeped" in to the
area before hardening.  have started to carve away @ that & I am sure I will
find the end of the rudder cable conduit sooner or later.

The other side, has what appear to be the (triax?) layups from outboard
rudder skin to wing, traversing the center of the space.  I don't think I
can cut those away, but I am pretty sure that there isn' room for the rudder
arm. Here is a pciture,

ANy suggestions??

Attached is a picture