REFLECTOR: Water in the ducts....

Jeffrey Clough jclough at gci.net
Fri Aug 5 18:28:53 CDT 2005

I agree the vacuum bagging technique would probably be best.  If I have
to do it again (I HOPE not!), I will do it that way......when I first
drilled the holes the water drained out via gravity. When I applied
suction more came out, then just vapors then nothing....As I said I
checked the holes by putting q-tips in and letting them sit for a few
hours and all came out dry/clean.  I spoke to the factory...they had
some water logged planes after hurricanes....they said they drilled a
very few holes and allowed the water to drain out.....tipped the plane
if necessary to assist draining and then after a while patched the
holes. They said they have NEVER had anyone have problems with
delamination of their floors due to water freezing....OK...now I hope I
can make some FORWARD progress! (Instead of fixing my mistakes!) :-D
THANX  your help is always appreciated!
 Jeff Clough