REFLECTOR: Water in the ducts....

Jim Sower canarder at frontiernet.net
Fri Aug 5 15:59:28 CDT 2005

<... I am pretty confident the foam substrate is dry ...>
I wouldn't be.  Shop vac pulls maybe 10" on a good day.  Using a
blanket, 4-mil plastic tarp and vacuum pump you'll get >20" over all the
holes at once.  At much above 26" water can't exist at warm room temps
and you will be sure you've drawn it all out.  For a pump, find any
thrown away refrigerator at the local transfer station/landfill and pull
the compressor out.  Connect the input end to your hose (wrapped with
blanket material in a fold in the plastic) and let 'er rip

When bagging parts, I use a calibrated leak to maintain vacuum at <10"
... Jim S.