REFLECTOR: Major Outline

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Fri Apr 29 08:24:29 CDT 2005

Hi Terry,

Here's my opinions (and they are like A_ _ holes, everybody's got one and most of them stink!!!):

I have the spider on top of my IO360.  No problems, just gotta learn how to start a hot Lycoming.  You're right, the chimney effect of the NACAs is very good.  Cools off nicely after shut down.

I'm not impressed with the Lasar mags.  Not very reliable and they ARE expensive.  I've heard of too many folks who are not having good success.  The E mags are worse from what I am reading on the RV lists.  And no 6 cylinder models yet.

The Jeff Rose Electroair has been sold - but I have been impressed with mine.  There are a lot of them out there. I have a Slick and Jeff Rose.  I have also heard mostly good reports for the Lightspeed ignitions.

I would two batteries but one alternator should be fine.  I have a BOCB (big ole car battery) that will run my panel for 4 plus hours.  I don't have glass panels but I do have Garmin 430. Plenty of time to get on the ground.

And I'll be down to see you soon!

Ronnie