REFLECTOR: EGT Temps

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Thu Apr 28 07:57:53 CDT 2005

Scott,

Your experience running LOP is consistent with the more recent theory that's counter to the practice of running ROP, wherein the excess fuel was supposed to provide extra cooling for the engine.  In fact, at LOP, the CHTs are cooler, the EGT is cooler and the engine is more efficient.  The concern about predetonation is also slipping by the wayside, though a few reasonable precautions still need to be observed.  The ability to run LOP is a pretty clear and convincing argument in favor of injection.

Chuck