REFLECTOR: EGT Temps

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Thu Apr 28 06:30:21 CDT 2005

John, try swapping the EGT to another cylinder and see if the problem moves with the probe.  If the high temp moves to the new cylinder, there is something wrong with the probe or wiring.

If another probe shows the same rise, its time to find out what is wrong with that cylinder.  You didn't mention if your mag checks were ok.  Same engine RPM drop with both mag checks and runs smoothly on each single mag?

Ronnie