REFLECTOR: Engine failure

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Tue Apr 26 23:04:26 CDT 2005

Dave;

The real question is "Why did the gear strip off?"  Since there should be
only very light load on the shaft, that gear should run forever.  Is it a
reluctor pickup?  Did the rotor gear teeth on the MSD maybe not match up
exactly with the drive gear.  Does the shaft still rotate freely, no chance
of interference at the pickups.

Very strange indeed.

Al

> I have one MSD distributor which has two leads and two electronic

> systems.  Dave B

> Dave Bertram wrote:

> > The cause of my engine failure on Good Friday was not fuel

> > starvation.  The gear on my distributor had stripped out ( for no

> > obvious reason) causing a loss of all ignition to the engine.  Dave

> > Bertram

s/velocity/maillist.html