REFLECTOR: Franklin seal leak

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Sun Apr 24 22:41:49 CDT 2005

Mike,
I checked my seal and I think mine is also leaking around the outer edge.  I doubt I
would have spotted it if you hadn't pointed it out.  Thanks!  I did not try to remove
the seal.  I made a gasket, but it didn't look like it would fit well, so I just used
high temp silicone gasket sealant on the back side of the seal and on the engine
case.  I flew 1/2 hour today and no leak.  I'll be flying to KS in a few days so that
will be the real test.

John