REFLECTOR: EGT Temps

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Sun Apr 24 14:07:16 CDT 2005

Agreed.

Another issue is air mass distribution.  The best we can do is make the
air/fuel ratios correct.  Power levels cylinder to cylinder are different,
even if they have the right mixture.

Hot cylinder?  Maybe he's just making more horsepower.  About the best we
could do is to have our induction systems polished, flow tested and set up
for a specific RPM.  Get off that RPM and the system is out of tune.

The only way out of this would be a throttle-per-cylinder solution.

If we ever get to this point, it's just splitting hairs.  Not worth the
complexity/expense/maintenance for a couple percent points of increased
efficiency.