REFLECTOR: Mount for IO520

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Thu Apr 21 08:33:45 CDT 2005

I just got the engine mount I ordered from the factory.

Beautiful workmanship, I wish it fit my engine.

I was told that the mount for the IO550 was the same as the mount for
the IO520.  My IO520 uses a Flat Bed style mount and the IO550(I
verified this by decowling a Cessna 310) uses a Conical Bed style mount.

Anybody here installing an IO520 using the factory mount?  The factory
told me they had shipped a couple engine kits for IO520's and they sent
them with the IO550 mount they built.

How are those people doing it?  Is there a modification kit from
Continental that replaces the mount legs?

The factory will take the mount back, but this mistake is costing me
$200 in shipping costs and 4 months of waiting for the mount to be built.

Scott