REFLECTOR: Franklin seal leak

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Wed Apr 20 12:20:14 CDT 2005

Actually, believe it or not, it isn't hard to get the seal over the flange.  At first
I thought only a miracle could make it happen.  Use a whet stone to remove any burrs
on the flange edges.  Put a plastic bag over the flange and lubricate it generously
with grease (I used engine oil).  Remove the spring and soak the seal in hot water for
several minutes.  Grasp the seal with both middle fingers, start from the bottom of
the flange, and stretch and slide it up and over the top.  I should go in one smooth
motion.  I can scan the installation diagram if you're interested.  The instructions
call for Unipar sealing cement or equilivant.  Anyone know where to get this or what
the equivalents are?