REFLECTOR: Franklin seal leak

mike deeter iguanamagic at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 20 09:26:45 CDT 2005

John,

Notwithstanding Steve's comments (undoubtedly correct)
I did try prying the seal out of its seat and applying
the sealant.  It's a real pain to try to get a new
seal over the prop flange.  I can't figure out how
you'd do it.  Also, you have a leak now; it probably
won't get worse if you remove the seal, clean it up
and apply sealant.  You'll probably be no worse off.
I was able to pry the seal out and work w/ it w/ no
visible damage.

Alternatively, you could try my gasket fix.  It wasn't
hard and I don't see a downside, even if it shouldn't
be necessary.

I forgot to check on the sealant I used.  I'll check
and get back to you.

Mike

=== message truncated ===

Mike Deeter