REFLECTOR: Jeff Rose Ignition wire parts

John Cervini john at johnsonlane.com
Wed Apr 13 08:30:10 CDT 2005

I have dual Jeff Rose ignitions on my IO-540.  Each plug wire has a spring
on the plug end that makes contact with the spark plug.  I lost a spring.
The wires are the type "Spiro Pro, 8mm". I called Aircraft Spruce and they
sold me 'cigarette tips' which have a spring attached to what looks like the
end of a cigarette filter.  It turns out the part doesn't fit my plug wire.
I seperated the spring from the 'cigarette' in attempt to use just the
spring but the wire diameter of the spring is too large.

Has anyone needed to replace just the spring - or am I looking at replacing
the entire plug wire?

Thanks.

John Cervini
XL-RG