REFLECTOR: Good Friday Landing

Wayne wowens at darientel.net
Thu Apr 7 11:50:42 CDT 2005

Back when I had my Soob on a test stand  the sole electric pump wouldn't prime well when higher than the fuel level.  That inspired me to locate the pumps in the plane on the floor under the gear bow.
Also they wouldn't prime well (a situation I don't plan to encounter in the plane) when there was pressure on the fuel rail.For that I created a very small (# 60 drilled hole) bleed back to the sump. The regulator holds the pressure nicely but after shutdown the pressure on the lines goes to zero.