REFLECTOR: Sump tank GEM float Sensor

bdtopp at comcast.net bdtopp at comcast.net
Tue Apr 5 14:03:06 CDT 2005

I installed the Gem float sensor which I bought from the velocity factory in my sump tank per the instructions in the manual.  I installed the sensor so that when the sump tank is low, the float goes downward and the switch is open.  When the tank is full, the float is up and the switch is closed.  Unfortunetly I did not think to install a relay and I get the "low sump warning" when the sump is actually full because the switch is closed.  I can think of two different solutions:  1)  Install the relay  2) turn the sensor so that the float goes upward when the sump is full and goes downward when sump tank is low.  Has anybody installed the GEM float sensor so that the float goes up instead of down?  did this work ok for you?    or  is everybody simply installing the relay?  Thanks...

Bruce Topp
XL FG