REFLECTOR: Front Vibration

Ronnie Brown romott at adelphia.net
Thu Sep 30 13:04:39 CDT 2004

Rene;

Can you tell us anything about the frequency of the vibration?  You mentioned the whomp whomp from the windows being open in a van - which is low frequency.  Or is it more like engine frequency - like a buzz.  Does it change with speed?

Jim White had a vibration (buzz) in his instrument panel (standard w standard wings) after having the lord engine mount bushings replaced. One of them was not tight enough. Tightening the mounts properly fixed the problem.

You mentioned that you had done flutter testing to 210 knots.  Did that include sharp bumps to the elevator, aileron, and rudder controls?

Ronnie