REFLECTOR: Fuel Shutoffs

Jim Sower canarder at frontiernet.net
Mon Sep 27 09:25:38 CDT 2004

I had a fuel transfer (assymmetric transfer to the sump) that I solved
with electric valves between the strakes and the sump.  If one tank is
transferring more than the other, I "deselect" it by turning the valve
OFF.  The valves have a pin for a position indicator so I have a yellow
LED on the panel if the valve is OFF.  The valves are a bit of an
overkill (they are for selecting tanks in pickups or whatever so they
have supply and return for 2 tanks ~ I only use 2 of the 6 nipples) but
the price was right and it works great.
I also use them for maintenance valves when I need the sump empty ... Jim S.