REFLECTOR: Grand Rapids Engine Monitor

Dave Dent davedent at comcast.net
Sun Sep 19 15:35:16 CDT 2004

Got some food for thought.  I have been testing the new fixed pitch Catto
prop and using the GRT. EFIS is great for this.  In the demo record mode I
can get all the data and study it.  It doesn't come out as a printable
spread sheet data but as play-back where you can watch as you flew it.  I
can see right when I took off and the rate of climb and RPM's and MAP's I
was putting out.

As far as the prop goes it is doing a great job of take-off and climb but
hurting a little on the top end.  I am seeing right around 172kts true at
2700rpm.  Craig says we can work on this to improve.  It is very smooth and
quite.  I think some of the quietness comes from being two inches further
back.  But right now it is a real pleasure to fly in front of.

So related to using the GRT system it is great. Once you have a handle on
how to pull up different minus.  I am still having problems with the HIS,
soon to master.