REFLECTOR: Contacting EAA

DOHAYES at aol.com DOHAYES at aol.com
Thu Sep 16 12:08:15 CDT 2004

Am I mistaken, or was someone from this forum able to write a letter to Tom
Poberezny, regarding one of EAA's premier advertisers refusal to insure
homebuilts, and actually get an answer? About two weeks ago, I sent a letter to every
remotely applicable email address I could find in EAA's directory, outlining
my difficulties with Crossflow. I was hoping for help or advice, but was
willing to settle for sympathy. So far, I haven't gotten so much as an
acknowledgment that they even got my letter. Since these days, any unexpected email can
easily be junked as spam, thus preserving the innocence of the recipient, I
thought I'd let Tom know that the flood of renewal notices I'm getting in the mail
are similarly virtually indistinguishable from junk mail.

I have no doubt that the corporate behemoth that EAA has become will hardly
notice if I let my membership expire, and is hardly going to jeopardize its
relationship with Crossflow over what may very well be a problem of my own
creation. After all, they stand to make more advertising revenue from Crossflow
before they go out of business, than my dues has or will ever amount to. Still,
how hard is it to at least acknowledge my existence?

Anyone out there have any tricks for getting through to somebody in EAA who
might care about this or at least pretend to?

Doug Hayes
Boulder, CO