REFLECTOR: EFIS Channels

Tom Martino tmartino at troubleshooter.com
Tue Sep 14 20:10:19 CDT 2004

            I installed the EFIS One in my Elite RG (with an IO-540).  I
used the following:

            1 OAT Sensor (which came with the EFIS One)
            1 Fuel Pressure Sensor - 0 to 80 lbs
            1 Fuel Flow Meter - flow scan 231
            1 RPM Sensor
            6 Aerosance CHT Sensors
            6 EI Ungrounded EGT Sensors
            2 Fuel Level Sensors

            I chose to monitor the Volts/Amps and the Oil Press/Temp on
2 EI Gauges.  I figured if the EFIS went out, I always wanted these
references.  If you choose to monitor these on the EFIS ... you will
need:

            1 Oil Pressure Sensor
            1 Oil Temp Sensor
            1 Voltage Sensor

            PLEASE NOTE:  If you choose to monitor all of the above on
the EFIS ... you will not only need ALL of the sensors I've listed but
you'll also need to purchase an additional "daughter board" or you will
run out of channels.

            I have spent a lot of time with the EFIS and have calibrated
it to "perfection" ... I love it.  In addition to engine monitoring, I
also interfaced it with a CNX-80 to read CDI, GS & LOC. For this you
must use the analog 150 mv outputs since there is no current serial
interface.

Hope this helps!