REFLECTOR: Aileron weight (Std. Wing)

Douglas Holub doug.holub at comcast.net
Mon Sep 13 09:59:26 CDT 2004

Mine are 8 lbs sans paint.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Carruth, Joel L
  To: reflector at tvbf.org
  Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 9:28 AM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Aileron weight (Std. Wing)

  For those of you with Std. Wings (Elite), what weight did you end up with on your completed ailerons?

  The new manual says around 9 pounds (old says 8 ½).  Right now my ailerons, finished, but w/o paint are 8 lbs 8 oz., but it looks like I may have to add 9-10 oz of counter-weight and then paint!  I'm guessing 3 oz for paint, so that puts it around 9 lbs 5 oz.  Is anyone flying with "heavy" ailerons?

  One other note: outboard dimensions are per the new manual.  The inboard dimension is 8 1/8", new manual says 8 1/4", old says 8 1/8".

  Thanks!

  '96 Elite, StdW,FG

  Joel Carruth

  Lockheed Martin