REFLECTOR: Switching Grounds

Jim Agnew jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 12 20:31:08 CDT 2004

Many electronics (e.g., coms, navs, GPS, etc.) use ground
referenced switching so it makes sense to be consistent.

My stick contains pilot & co-pilot PTT, com swap, Xponder
Ident, and 4 way trim and uses only one ground wire for all
of the switches.  The trim motors use relays so the current
drains are minimal and allow a 22ga ground wire and 24 ga
switch wires so the stick bundle is very small.

Jim

http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html>