REFLECTOR: TRIM TRAVEL

Ronnie Brown romott at adelphia.net
Sun Sep 12 19:05:38 CDT 2004

You will need 2" down elevator (up trim) for when you have two people up front.  You won't need much up elevator trim.
This of course puts the trim spring right into your avionics.  See if you can reposition the trim spring so that it has more effect on the down elevator side and less on the up side.

Re the elevator, you really don't need much down pitch (elevator up) unless you are trying to float stuff in the cabin.  And you can't do inverted flight so don't need it there either.

Ronnie