REFLECTOR: Nav-Lt Wiring

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Fri Sep 10 21:32:25 CDT 2004

Well, I think I have answered my own questions.

 The specs for the Whelen power supply are not on the box, or in the
instructions. They are, however, in the product catalog. They say that the  strobes
draw 4-Amps at 14V. The Nav lights all together draw 7-amps.

So, I think it makes more sense to run separate lines for the nav and
strobes as Keith said.

I am waiting for the ratings on the switches that I got from Lancair (
listed in a previous post), before I decide how many relays I need. Looking at  the
wire tables, it looks like I can run a relay for the NAVS, and run the
Strobes off of a straight 18G wire from the switch. IF... the switch can handle
the load. I can probably get by with running all of it straight from the
switches... but we will see.

Back to the pencils and the wires...

 Kurt Winker