REFLECTOR: Nav-Lt Wiring

KeithHallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Fri Sep 10 19:15:04 CDT 2004

Kurt,

I have the same position lights, but I'm using a plug-compatible NOVA power supply for the strobes (it was cheaper!).  I'm wiring the strobe lights completely separately from the position lights, including running a separate ground wire.  You are correct about installing the connector on the strobe cable - you will need a crimper for the Molex open-barrel pins.  If you don't have one, the BCT-1 terminal tool is available from B&C Specialty Products at http://www.bandc.biz/parts.html   Instructions for its use are also available through a link there.

Another source is Stein Air at http://www.steinair.com/tools.htm (The SAT-001 crimper frame and the SAT-019 dies.  If you need to get a pin back out of the connector body, you'll also need the SAT-033 Insertion/Removal tool).

Keith Hallsten