REFLECTOR: Gear Horn Silence Circuit

Ronnie Brown romott at adelphia.net
Fri Sep 10 11:34:27 CDT 2004

I uploaded a sketch of my Gear Horn Silence Circuit to:

http://www.tvbf.org/gallery/index.php?display=builder_options%2FGear%20Horn%20Silence%2FGear%20Horn%20Silence.jpg

This Circuit Modification is made to the Circuit described in the Velocity Retractable Gear manuals.

It allows the pilot to temporarily silence the gear horn when descending or while doing slow flight.  When the Gear Horn sounds, press the "Gear Horn Silence" push button.  The horn will remain silent and the alarm circuit is defeated until either the Throttle is advanced or the Gear is extended.  Then the Gear Horn circuit is re armed and functions as normal.

Questions?