REFLECTOR: Gear warning horn

Jerry.Brainard at anthem.com Jerry.Brainard at anthem.com
Fri Sep 10 09:07:57 CDT 2004

With all of the talk about gear warning horns, I am surprised no one is
looking into a Piper Arrow like solution with an auto gear extension
system.  Although I never had it deploy, it always felt good to know that
it might make the save if needed.

So what would it take?  What are the problems?  Is it very complex?  Like
every solution there are compromises that have to be made.  I am just
hoping that there is some straight forward way to implement a safety net
solution so I don't become a member of the gear up landing club.

(OK so those of you with the fixed gear don't need to remind me that you
don't have this issue. Fixed gear is a fail safe solution, but again, a
compromise)

Jerry

and privileged information or otherwise protected by law.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the
all copies of the original message.