REFLECTOR: Aircraft Inspection prior to flight

KeithHallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Wed Sep 8 20:07:42 CDT 2004

Not so.  The FAA is pretty serious about this one, and can make life really
difficult if they find anyone other than the pilot in an experimental during
the Phase I test period.  Only multi-engine aircraft with complex systems
have more than one pilot as "required crew".  Only required crewmembers are
permitted to be aboard during Phase I test flights.  You can use an
electronic data logger, tape recorder, video camcorder, etc., but not
another pilot!