REFLECTOR: Epoxy and Hardener

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Tue Sep 7 12:48:08 CDT 2004

Gilles,

Some things are counter-intuitive.  I can't comment directly about your
epoxy but vinyl ester binder (closely related) has an oxygen activated
inhibitor which prolongs shelf-life.  We have actually taken drums of vinyl
ester and sparged it with air (to reactivate the inhibitor) to extend the
shelf-life a few months.  If your epoxy has a similar type inhibitor (and a
lot of them do), the nitrogen purge is unlikely to extend the life.

Chuck