REFLECTOR: Uneven fuel draw

Jim Sower canarder at frontiernet.net
Thu Oct 28 23:42:53 CDT 2004

I'm pretty sure I tried EVERYTHING (perhaps short of installing 1/2"
lines from strake to sump).  Finally, I got some electric selector
valves and capped off all but two of the nipples.  I am now able to
DE-select the tank that's transferring too much and force the engine to
draw from the underachiever and I LOVE it (valves come at you with a
connector pin that will light a LED on the panel when a tank is
deselected)..

I did the math and discovered that the gravity feed head pressure from
strake to sump is typically around 1/4 psi.  You could lose half of that
ANYWHERE and never know where it went, but be looking at assymmetric
transfer.  My selector valves came from JCWhitney.