REFLECTOR: Uneven fuel draw

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Thu Oct 28 19:36:00 CDT 2004

First,  we will assume you have the 3-into-1 vent system.  Both main tanks
and the sump tank vents connect to a block that has one vent line.  This
insures you have equal pressure in all tanks.

Second,  be sure your fuel caps are sealing. Get some Fuel valve lube for
this. Its a sticky grease that will not dissolve by contact with 100
LL.  Be sure to grease the center post that attaches to the cap lever.

Third and the most likely reason is your plane is not trimmed correctly and
your skidding along in level flight. The fuel will migrate to the outside
of the skid.   Verify your slip indicator is centered on the then verify it
is centered in flight. If not, step on the ball and see if after a few
minutes the fuel equalizes in the tanks.  You can speed this process up by
stepping so hard on that rudder that your now skidding in the other direction.

Scott