REFLECTOR: Grounding Point

Alex Balic alex157 at direcway.com
Mon Oct 25 15:43:42 CDT 2004

the arc will occur between the two objects of different electrical
potential- the aircraft and the fuel nozzle from the truck, I suppose that
in theory, there could possibly be some other place, although I would think
that it would be highly unlikely maybe you are saying that the ark would
pass through the screen and ground to something else inside the tank? the
difference in charge required to do this would be in the order of tens of
thousands of volts at sea level, which is also a very outside possibility,
but I would feel pretty safe myself with the screens in place.