REFLECTOR: REGISTRATION NIGHTMARE

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Thu Oct 21 07:33:00 CDT 2004

"Finding" a bill of sale would certainly expedite the matter but is less
appealing if one suffers from the new Martha Stewart virus.  Just go to the
person shown on the FAA registration records for a Bill of Sale.  If the
original owner is deceased, then appeal to the estate's executor or other
family members that can help out.  When you explain your problem, they may
even help out (hey, its happened!!).

You may even have to pay a few dollars of attorney's fee to have their
attorney sort everything out, but small change compared to an unperfected
title.  It seems illogical that the FAA could ask for a paper trail through
people that never owned the plane--at least in the eyes of the FAA.    So,
you should be able to ignore those interim, temporary "renters" that feed
and housed your little bird, since they never existed--at least in the eyes
of the FAA.

If you're concerned that that swamp may still hold quicksand and deep water,
the EAA idea sounds like a winner!!

Chuck