REFLECTOR: Water Cooling

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Wed Oct 20 22:57:16 CDT 2004

Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Water Cooling

Nice installation Al - will be very interested to hear how well it works and
whether you need to perform any mods to refine it.  Did you have any trouble
shaping the duct? ...and, did you consider a variable inlet /scoop to vary
inlet quantity and drag for the changing needs for climb and cruise?

Kind regards,

Greg in Sydney.

I made the mold from urethane foam, and shaped it as best I could according
to the coordinates from K&W.  I then did flow tests with the scoop on the
radiator to determine flow distribution, and added a couple of vanes to even
it out.

I did consider an adjustable inlet, and did some sketches.  Then decided the
first thing was to get it in the air, and consider further complications for
drag reduction later.

Al